What Matters to You 2016 - Easy Read

Closed 30 Aug 2016

Opened 5 Jul 2016

Results expected 30 Nov 2016

Feedback Updated 13 Mar 2017

We Asked

We asked you to tell us what was important to you, your community and the future of West Sussex.  We also asked you about Council Tax, customer service and communities. This consultation links with the wider public consultation on What Matters To You which can be found here.

You Said

2,588 people responded to the survey. ‘Keeping you safe’ came out as the top priority for residents, followed by ‘providing education and schools’ 2nd and Roads, Transport and Countryside 3rd, followed by a number of other areas.

You can see a summary here.


 

We Did

West Sussex County Council met and agreed its budget for 2017/18 on Friday 17 February 2017. 

The County Council also agreed a council tax increase of 1.95% plus an additional 2% to fund adult social care, providing a total of 3.95%, the equivalent of an extra 92 pence per week for the average Band D household.

For further details about the Budget please visit our West Sussex County Council webpages here.

 

 

Overview

                                                         

West Sussex County Council works for thousands of people living in West Sussex.

There are lots of different services that the County Council runs for you. Here is a list of a few of them.

  • Fire stations
  • Libraries
  • Services for children
  • Mending roads
  • Recycling rubbish
  • Helping older people
  • Helping people who are disabled.
     

We want to find out what services matter most to you.

This is because the County Council will have to make some difficult decisions.

The money the County Council has to run services has been cut.

What do you think the County Council should spend its money on?

You can say what you want and we won’t tell anyone else what you said.

 

If you need help filling in this survey please contact 01243 777100 or email haveyoursay@westsussex.gov.uk and let us have your contact details.

If you need the survey in an another format, for example another language or large print please contact 01243 777100 or email haveyoursay@westsussex.gov.uk and let us have your contact details.

If you would like to fill in a hard copy and post it back to us using freepost, please click here

 

To start the survey click the online survey button below.

 

 

 

Areas

  • All Areas

Audiences

  • Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Groups
  • Children
  • Disabled People
  • Faith Groups
  • Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual (LGBT) Groups
  • Older People
  • People in marriages & civil partnerships
  • Pregnancy & Maternity
  • Young People
  • Young People Aged 18+
  • Gender Groups
  • NHS
  • Health and Wellbeing Professionals
  • Patients
  • GPs
  • Clinical Commissioning Groups
  • Residents e-Panel
  • Teachers
  • Pupils
  • Schools
  • Colleges
  • Students
  • Young people with SEND (Special Educational Needs & Disability)
  • Headteachers
  • SEN Co-ordinators
  • Educational Psychology Service
  • West Sussex County Council Staff
  • Capita Staff
  • West Sussex Fire and Rescue Staff
  • County Communicators
  • Have Your Say Champions
  • Cyclists
  • Bus/coach Passengers
  • Car/Van Drivers
  • Police
  • District/Borough Councils
  • Parish Councils
  • Town Councils
  • Elected Members/Councillors
  • Voluntary Organisations
  • Community Organisations
  • Bus Operators
  • Broadband Suppliers
  • Childcare Providers
  • All West Sussex Businesses
  • Employees
  • CBC Library Group
  • Local services in the care sector
  • Service Users
  • Homeless People
  • People Who Do Not Use This Service
  • All West Sussex Residents
  • Tenants/Leaseholders
  • Visitors/Tourists
  • Families
  • Carers
  • Parents

Interests

  • Learning Disability Day Services
  • Consultation and Engagement
  • Feedback
  • Corporate Policy
  • Budget & Finance